The Distributed Marketing Blog launched in late March. As anyone who’s ever started a new blog knows, it’s not easy to build traffic, SEO rank, and credibility – but we had a plan, and the plan worked.
With help from our friends at MyPRGenie and a lot of Twitter and Facebook friends who shared links to posts, we topped 117,000 readers for a post just 12 weeks after our launch (June 10, 2011), and we’ve held down a spot on the first page of Google’s page 1 results for our primary keywords since April (three weeks after launch).
On November 15, 2011, the blog’s editor (Deb McAlister-Holland) will be presenting an online master class with Miranda Tan of MyPRGenie. The webinar will cover the tips and techniques we used to get the results we wanted, and answer questions from attendees about how you can do the same – and avoid some of the mistakes we made along the way. The free webinar is called Master Techniques to Get Heard and Make Your Content Viral.
If you’re a blogger or small business marketer with a good story to tell – but you don’t have an unlimited budget or a huge team who can constantly stay on the phone and manage your social media programs – then this webinar is for you. Most of the tips and techniques we’ll be covering are free, and rely far more on pre-planning, good time management, and persistence than experience or spending.
Here’s a list of the topics we’ll be covering:
- What online avenues to use to draw traffic for your blog
- How to get your content picked up by the media
- When to post new content
- How to write effective blogs and press releases
- Why bloggers should write headlines and Tweets first…and then finish the blog post
- How to draw and maintain an audience
- Where to get great (free or very low cost) art for your blog – and why it matters
- What kind of metrics should you consider to see what’s working – and what’s not
You can get more information on the MyPRGenie site – registration is free, but space is limited. We’re thrilled to be part of this presentation, and hope that you’ll join us for the event!