You know your brand’s target audience; you know who they are, and you know their habits. You know all this because you’ve been studying them for years. You’ve seen success, and that’s important, but let me be the first to apologize for having to tell you that what you may know about your audience and their perspective on your brand may have changed without you realizing it.
Put your walking shoes on
Your customers can change as quickly as your employees leave the office on Friday afternoon. Whether your brand is a distinguished leader in your industry or has just opened up shop, it’s essential to step back and understand your evolving customers and their view of your brand. It’s never too early (or too late) to analyze your customers. Grab the shoe horn, lace up and walk a mile in their shoes. Is your ideal customer a woman, aged 35-50, married with two children, who works in the insurance industry and likes to ride Harleys on the weekend? You will never know until you step back and rediscover your customers. Recognize who your target customer is and where he or she would like to be reached, then interact.
An omni-present goal
Define your ideal customer and then communicate with them when and where they’re ready. It’s this 360°, omni-present brand influence on customers that ensures a successful marketing campaign with the widest influence. Truly being omni-present includes considering actions and opportunities the brand has long after the Facebook post or TV spot. Are your customers guided to a landing page with messaging they are ready to interact with based on where they are in their buyer journey? Is your brand re-targeting customers who are ready to buy, and after the purchase, do they have a positive image of the product to tell others about their experience? Only once a brand starts to acknowledge their customers’ expectations, thoughts and interests throughout the buyer’s journey can the brand accurately gain a holistic perspective in developing the strategy.
Managing the multi-channel strategy
Today, consumers are interacting with brands in a plethora of ways – accessing content, products and services via phone, in-store, on a website, on a smartphone, via social networks and beyond. The critical challenge for marketers is managing, optimizing and integrating the delivery of content across this staggering number of communication channels to the right audience when implementing an effective 360° marketing campaign.
But where should you start? We’ve created a one-page guide to help get the ball rolling.
- Manage. Engage. Measure. (Video) How Distribion is helping marketers manage their content, personalize their message and measure their efforts across all distribution channels.
- Marketing Genius Quiz Can you pass our Marketing Genius Quiz? Our short, 10 question, marketing automation quiz will rank you from zero to hero.
- The State of Online Video This year marks the 10th birthday of YouTube. Since its inception, other video sharing networks have tried to compete with the mega-giant and have fallen short. Many have tried to dissect video sharing into subcategories or offered amenities to counter Google’s unadorned approach, but it’s Facebook who has become a legitimate contender.
- Redefining Social Media Marketing (Video) Think of the incredible value of your audience becoming your biggest brand advocates. Redefine your brand’s social media marketing with just one click.
- The Marketing Automation Trends Report (Infographic) The only thing constant is change. Marketing automation has seen the fastest growth of any CRM-related segment in the last 5 years and its B2B vendor revenue now tops out at over a billion dollars per year. It’s no wonder many marketing professionals are trying to get a piece of that revenue pie.
- Turning Followers into Voters New software will undoubtedly impact your social newsfeed. Throughout the election season, political camps can now use social media On Behalf Of technology to quickly get candidate-approved content out to not only their supporters, but their supporter’s networks of friends and followers.
- #Tweet4DisasterRelief New software will undoubtedly impact your social newsfeed. Throughout the election season, political camps can now use social media On Behalf Of technology to quickly get candidate-approved content out to not only their supporters, but their supporter’s networks of friends and followers.
- Social Media Marketing: Fundamentals If a brand wants to create campaigns that transition over time, it must start with this fundamental marketing concept and go from there.
- New Technology Champions Brand Building New technology helps top brands build a consistent story. What is your brand’s story, and how are you going to tell it?
- Beginner's Guide to Marketing Automation (Infographic) Marketing Automation | Done correctly, could successfully complement your overall strategy and reach the right audience without wearing out the message. Learn how marketers are creating personalized messages in advance to engage and nurture their prospects while focusing on other initiatives.
- Marketing Game Changers: Recognizing Women in Marketing In honor of Women’s History Month, we are recognizing some of the women whose calling has left a lasting impression on the marketing industry. We are proud to share extraordinary women who were born to revolutionize the industry and encourage gender equality.
- Marketing & Music: Branded Content Hits Center Stage Brands seek to reach consumers in a new way at #SXSW. How marketing and music can work together to drive customer interaction.
- The Top 5 Apps You Must Download: Mobile Marketer Series What could a person learn about you from the apps on your phone? A quick glance at your phone might reveal that you’re a sports enthusiast, an amateur photographer, and a fan of talk radio podcasts. But would it reveal that you’re keeping up with marketing trends?
- Marketing Madness It’s the most wonderful time of the year for college basketball fans. That’s right, the NCAA basketball tournament is in full swing and the excitement is definitely in the air – or at least online.
- Can You Trust the WIFI? The Mobile Marketer Series Mobile internet has become much more convenient to access through public WIFI. But can you trust public WIFI?
About the Author
Alex Navarro is a California-native who currently lives in Dallas, Texas with his fantastic wife. In the past, he’s been responsible for creating, developing and executing national brand awareness campaigns and has enjoyed developing personalized marketing and promotional plans. Alex studied advertising and marketing at Pepperdine University and has enjoyed working in the field ever since. He also loves meeting new people – connect with him on LinkedIn or Twitter.