According to eMarketer, 86% of digital marketers use email marketing regularly as part of their marketing arsenal to drive sales. Furthermore, email marketing has an incredible 4,300% return on investment and generates $42.08 for every dollar spent (MediaPost). It is no wonder that email marketing has proven time and time again to be the most effective form of digital marketing for brand awareness, customer acquisition and retention.
So you get it… email marketing has great ROI and is the most effective digital marketing channel. But, somehow, your email campaigns aren’t achieving significant open or click through rates. You lay awake at night wondering what the cause is: Design? Messaging? Call to action (CTA)?
You’ve tried everything you can think of, from sending at different times of the day and week, to segmenting your list with the same results: frustratingly low open and click through rates. You keep asking yourself what you can change so your audience wants to read your emails and click through to the next step. The real question you should be asking yourself is… are you following email marketing best practices?
Best practices aren’t just standardizations; they are the tried and true methods for success, the underlying principles of email marketing that take a good campaign to a great one. Emails that follow best practices are engaging, crafted to insure inbox deliverability, and most importantly, they convert!
Distribion’s email marketing specialists have put together an email marketing best practices checklist to follow for outstanding campaign results. Download today and start crafting campaigns that people can’t wait to read!
- Manage. Engage. Measure. (Video) How Distribion is helping marketers manage their content, personalize their message and measure their efforts across all distribution channels.
- Marketing Genius Quiz Can you pass our Marketing Genius Quiz? Our short, 10 question, marketing automation quiz will rank you from zero to hero.
- The State of Online Video This year marks the 10th birthday of YouTube. Since its inception, other video sharing networks have tried to compete with the mega-giant and have fallen short. Many have tried to dissect video sharing into subcategories or offered amenities to counter Google’s unadorned approach, but it’s Facebook who has become a legitimate contender.
- Redefining Social Media Marketing (Video) Think of the incredible value of your audience becoming your biggest brand advocates. Redefine your brand’s social media marketing with just one click.
- The Marketing Automation Trends Report (Infographic) The only thing constant is change. Marketing automation has seen the fastest growth of any CRM-related segment in the last 5 years and its B2B vendor revenue now tops out at over a billion dollars per year. It’s no wonder many marketing professionals are trying to get a piece of that revenue pie.
- Turning Followers into Voters New software will undoubtedly impact your social newsfeed. Throughout the election season, political camps can now use social media On Behalf Of technology to quickly get candidate-approved content out to not only their supporters, but their supporter’s networks of friends and followers.
- #Tweet4DisasterRelief New software will undoubtedly impact your social newsfeed. Throughout the election season, political camps can now use social media On Behalf Of technology to quickly get candidate-approved content out to not only their supporters, but their supporter’s networks of friends and followers.
- Social Media Marketing: Fundamentals If a brand wants to create campaigns that transition over time, it must start with this fundamental marketing concept and go from there.
- New Technology Champions Brand Building New technology helps top brands build a consistent story. What is your brand’s story, and how are you going to tell it?
- Beginner's Guide to Marketing Automation (Infographic) Marketing Automation | Done correctly, could successfully complement your overall strategy and reach the right audience without wearing out the message. Learn how marketers are creating personalized messages in advance to engage and nurture their prospects while focusing on other initiatives.
- Marketing Game Changers: Recognizing Women in Marketing In honor of Women’s History Month, we are recognizing some of the women whose calling has left a lasting impression on the marketing industry. We are proud to share extraordinary women who were born to revolutionize the industry and encourage gender equality.
- Marketing & Music: Branded Content Hits Center Stage Brands seek to reach consumers in a new way at #SXSW. How marketing and music can work together to drive customer interaction.
- The Top 5 Apps You Must Download: Mobile Marketer Series What could a person learn about you from the apps on your phone? A quick glance at your phone might reveal that you’re a sports enthusiast, an amateur photographer, and a fan of talk radio podcasts. But would it reveal that you’re keeping up with marketing trends?
- Marketing Madness It’s the most wonderful time of the year for college basketball fans. That’s right, the NCAA basketball tournament is in full swing and the excitement is definitely in the air – or at least online.
- Can You Trust the WIFI? The Mobile Marketer Series Mobile internet has become much more convenient to access through public WIFI. But can you trust public WIFI?
About The Author
James recently moved to Dallas with his family after living in Austin for 24 years. His background is in web development and email marketing. He is also experienced in street and guerilla marketing and has run street marketing campaigns for independent films, music and lifestyle brands. James is a graduate of The Art Institute of Austin, where he studied web design and interactive media. He loves working on marketing campaigns that connecting brands to consumers. James also enjoys eating ice cream with chopsticks! Connect with him on Linkedin and Twitter.