According to Salesforce, 73% of business-to-business (B2B) marketers believe email marketing is core to their business. Email builds relationships, gathers customer data, and with an ROI of 119%, it outperforms all digital channels, including social. With statistics like these, it’s no wonder that email marketing is crucial to B2B client acquisition.
Attracting new clients is the life’s blood of marketing departments and agencies. Capturing reader attention is a primary struggle when creating an email campaign that will stand out, get opens, click-throughs and finally convert.
Is B2B email marketing the same as B2C?
B2B marketers face different challenges than B2C marketers, and they must build and manage their email marketing strategy differently. B2B marketers often need to be aware of longer buying cycles, multiple stakeholders and a different sales funnel than B2C marketers usually experience. These marketers can still follow a set of best practices unique to their customer base to ensure deliverability and maximize campaign performance.
Download our latest client success story and discover how our email marketing specialists applied B2B email marketing best practices that more than doubled open and click-through rates.
- Manage. Engage. Measure. (Video) How Distribion is helping marketers manage their content, personalize their message and measure their efforts across all distribution channels.
- Marketing Genius Quiz Can you pass our Marketing Genius Quiz? Our short, 10 question, marketing automation quiz will rank you from zero to hero.
- The State of Online Video This year marks the 10th birthday of YouTube. Since its inception, other video sharing networks have tried to compete with the mega-giant and have fallen short. Many have tried to dissect video sharing into subcategories or offered amenities to counter Google’s unadorned approach, but it’s Facebook who has become a legitimate contender.
- Redefining Social Media Marketing (Video) Think of the incredible value of your audience becoming your biggest brand advocates. Redefine your brand’s social media marketing with just one click.
- The Marketing Automation Trends Report (Infographic) The only thing constant is change. Marketing automation has seen the fastest growth of any CRM-related segment in the last 5 years and its B2B vendor revenue now tops out at over a billion dollars per year. It’s no wonder many marketing professionals are trying to get a piece of that revenue pie.
- Turning Followers into Voters New software will undoubtedly impact your social newsfeed. Throughout the election season, political camps can now use social media On Behalf Of technology to quickly get candidate-approved content out to not only their supporters, but their supporter’s networks of friends and followers.
- #Tweet4DisasterRelief New software will undoubtedly impact your social newsfeed. Throughout the election season, political camps can now use social media On Behalf Of technology to quickly get candidate-approved content out to not only their supporters, but their supporter’s networks of friends and followers.
- Social Media Marketing: Fundamentals If a brand wants to create campaigns that transition over time, it must start with this fundamental marketing concept and go from there.
- New Technology Champions Brand Building New technology helps top brands build a consistent story. What is your brand’s story, and how are you going to tell it?
- Beginner's Guide to Marketing Automation (Infographic) Marketing Automation | Done correctly, could successfully complement your overall strategy and reach the right audience without wearing out the message. Learn how marketers are creating personalized messages in advance to engage and nurture their prospects while focusing on other initiatives.
- Marketing Game Changers: Recognizing Women in Marketing In honor of Women’s History Month, we are recognizing some of the women whose calling has left a lasting impression on the marketing industry. We are proud to share extraordinary women who were born to revolutionize the industry and encourage gender equality.
- Marketing & Music: Branded Content Hits Center Stage Brands seek to reach consumers in a new way at #SXSW. How marketing and music can work together to drive customer interaction.
- The Top 5 Apps You Must Download: Mobile Marketer Series What could a person learn about you from the apps on your phone? A quick glance at your phone might reveal that you’re a sports enthusiast, an amateur photographer, and a fan of talk radio podcasts. But would it reveal that you’re keeping up with marketing trends?
- Marketing Madness It’s the most wonderful time of the year for college basketball fans. That’s right, the NCAA basketball tournament is in full swing and the excitement is definitely in the air – or at least online.
- Can You Trust the WIFI? The Mobile Marketer Series Mobile internet has become much more convenient to access through public WIFI. But can you trust public WIFI?
About The Author
James recently moved to Dallas with his family after living in Austin for 24 years. His background is in web development and email marketing. He is also experienced in street and guerilla marketing and has run street marketing campaigns for independent films, music and lifestyle brands. James is a graduate of The Art Institute of Austin, where he studied web design and interactive media. He loves working on marketing campaigns that connecting brands to consumers. James also enjoys eating ice cream with chopsticks! Connect with him on Linkedin and Twitter.