As I’m sure many can agree, a webpage comprised exclusively of text is shuddersome. Perhaps because I belong to the Millennial generation, which has been known to have an attention span just under that of a goldfish, I appreciate short, digestible visual content. With 90% of all information transmitted to the brain coming in the form of visual content, we are bound to have a better response to that medium. In fact, expressing a message visually by way of infographics has been proven incredibly effective for communication between brand and audience.
It’s no surprise that the number of social media users continue to increase, and with that come a demand for brands to reach their audience where they are and with a message that will grab their attention and drive them along the path to purchase.
According to Pew Research, nearly three-quarters of all active Internet users are involved in social media, and many juggle multiple accounts at the same time. With so much information on social media today, we suffer from a complete information overload. NeoMam Studios recently reported on average users only read 28% of words per visit. As a result of the overload of accounts trying to capture viewers attention, infographics have been the perfect solution for winning the war for the click. Infographics play a big role in the development of branded presence online and can boost traffic by their ability to be relevant to virtually all types of social media networking sites. Infographics enable audiences to quickly share, tweet, pin and save.
Analytics have shown that publishers that feature infographics grow traffic 12% faster than those who don’t use infographics, but just in case that fact is not enough on its own, here are three more reasons why you should use some infographic eye candy to boost your company’s social media traffic.
The growing use of infographics has opened up a world of incredible, creative visuals, that present data and information in a beautiful (and informative) manner.
In the last two years, search volume for “infographic” and “infographics” has increased by 800%, so it’s no wonder many brands are already working infographics into their marketing arsenal. Are you ready to boost your social media traffic using infographics?
Create Your Own Infographics with These Recommended Sites
- Manage. Engage. Measure. (Video) How Distribion is helping marketers manage their content, personalize their message and measure their efforts across all distribution channels.
- Marketing Genius Quiz Can you pass our Marketing Genius Quiz? Our short, 10 question, marketing automation quiz will rank you from zero to hero.
- The State of Online Video This year marks the 10th birthday of YouTube. Since its inception, other video sharing networks have tried to compete with the mega-giant and have fallen short. Many have tried to dissect video sharing into subcategories or offered amenities to counter Google’s unadorned approach, but it’s Facebook who has become a legitimate contender.
- Redefining Social Media Marketing (Video) Think of the incredible value of your audience becoming your biggest brand advocates. Redefine your brand’s social media marketing with just one click.
- The Marketing Automation Trends Report (Infographic) The only thing constant is change. Marketing automation has seen the fastest growth of any CRM-related segment in the last 5 years and its B2B vendor revenue now tops out at over a billion dollars per year. It’s no wonder many marketing professionals are trying to get a piece of that revenue pie.
- Turning Followers into Voters New software will undoubtedly impact your social newsfeed. Throughout the election season, political camps can now use social media On Behalf Of technology to quickly get candidate-approved content out to not only their supporters, but their supporter’s networks of friends and followers.
- #Tweet4DisasterRelief New software will undoubtedly impact your social newsfeed. Throughout the election season, political camps can now use social media On Behalf Of technology to quickly get candidate-approved content out to not only their supporters, but their supporter’s networks of friends and followers.
- Social Media Marketing: Fundamentals If a brand wants to create campaigns that transition over time, it must start with this fundamental marketing concept and go from there.
- New Technology Champions Brand Building New technology helps top brands build a consistent story. What is your brand’s story, and how are you going to tell it?
- Beginner's Guide to Marketing Automation (Infographic) Marketing Automation | Done correctly, could successfully complement your overall strategy and reach the right audience without wearing out the message. Learn how marketers are creating personalized messages in advance to engage and nurture their prospects while focusing on other initiatives.
- Marketing Game Changers: Recognizing Women in Marketing In honor of Women’s History Month, we are recognizing some of the women whose calling has left a lasting impression on the marketing industry. We are proud to share extraordinary women who were born to revolutionize the industry and encourage gender equality.
- Marketing & Music: Branded Content Hits Center Stage Brands seek to reach consumers in a new way at #SXSW. How marketing and music can work together to drive customer interaction.
- The Top 5 Apps You Must Download: Mobile Marketer Series What could a person learn about you from the apps on your phone? A quick glance at your phone might reveal that you’re a sports enthusiast, an amateur photographer, and a fan of talk radio podcasts. But would it reveal that you’re keeping up with marketing trends?
- Marketing Madness It’s the most wonderful time of the year for college basketball fans. That’s right, the NCAA basketball tournament is in full swing and the excitement is definitely in the air – or at least online.
- Can You Trust the WIFI? The Mobile Marketer Series Mobile internet has become much more convenient to access through public WIFI. But can you trust public WIFI?
About the Author
Hanna is thrilled to be filling the role as Distribion’s summer intern. She has thoroughly enjoyed learning about everything that goes into online marketing and has grown an appreciation for creative social media campaigns. She came to Distribion with a background in visual communications from Franklin University Switzerland and is incredibly grateful for the opportunities Distribion has given her during her internship.